Heya, and welcome to the VK! We are always on the lookout for fun, upbeat, proactive folks who like hanging out and rping! To make things easier and such for people to apply, here's what you need to do:
1) Make sure you have read all the stuff on the sidebar. ARE THE VK FOR ME? WHO ARE YOU GUYS? These both go into detail over who and what we are all about. and last thing we want is a guild where folks feel like they aren't a good fit. Take a look and see if this guild suits you! If you are having fun, then we will have fun!
2) Make sure to fill out the questionnaire. This is the button at the top that says JOIN THIS GUILD. This is what we read over and see if a candidate is a good match. Yes, we are picky over who we tag! Make sure to put some thought into it!
3) Introduce yourself on the forums at THE REGISTER. This is our applicant and friends forum. Jump in. Say hi!
4) Within 24 hours after the higher ups have taken a look at your application and introduction in THE REGISTER, they'll send you a mail in game or in Guild Portal to ask for a meeting time so you may meet In Character with a member of the Knights.
5) Also for extra chances to be noticed, /join SPIDER our in game Tavern Channel that will allow you some face time with some of the crew before hand!
So some hints as to what we look for in applicants and what you need to do to join the VK:
Be laid back!
1. Apply to the website. Read the Guild Charter and Rules.
2. Write a roleplay introduction in the Guild Register
3. Fill out the Character Detail Sheet in the hopeful's forum
4. Be sure to respond to the letter to set up a meeting with our officers quickly
5. /Join spider, and roleplay with guild members
When you join the Vagabond Knights, you're brought in as a Prospective, an outsider invited in to see the Knights at work for yourself. But the important part is that its your time to prove you can be a worthwhile member of the crew. Trust is important and this is your time to earn it however you can, this can be through roleplaying, helping with events, grouping, and even just being around. All Prospectives will have a limit of two weeks before the guild decides your fate ... either you are a worthy candidate for the crew, Aye, or someone who should hit the road, Nay.
If you are given the all clear by the crew to join, you are promoted to a Scrub. A scrub is a full member of the VK, but may not yet display colors (wear guildcloak). You're part of the family now, but you have to put some elbow grease into your new home! Lots of cleaning and errands. Help out at Tavern Night. Meet the gang. Ask to help! See what you can do! Organize stuff! Don't expect things to be handed to you, because in two weeks, you will be expected to perform THE RUN!! /shiver
The next challenge is OPERATION MOONSHINE. This very dangerous mission is where scrubs prove they have strength, courage, and a fighting spirit! Many of those who attempt this mission are successful, but some do not come back at all...Gods save those poor wretched souls. By attending one of these events, you can face Moonshine and take your next step toward knighthood!
From there you will be promoted to SQUIRE. You can now proudly wear your guild heraldry! To become a KNIGHT, you will have to undertake an ERRANT QUEST. This is a quest that is tailored to the individual and will take some time. Each errant quest is custom-made, designed by the officers. This is your chance to shine. Errant quests are typically assigned after two months as a squire.
Our main thought is that joining a guild is a great event. These will be the friends that you hang out throughout your travelling and adventuring career!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum